Contract: Part time – 20hr/wk
Salary: Based on Experience
Closing: 7th February 2015
Interview Date: TBC
Apply to: PamWatson@Sport981.com
The Marketing Manager will play a pivotal role in the creation and successful implementation of the company marketing strategy for both the strength and conditioning and the education arm of the business.
Sport981 is a recognised specialist company working within a niche sector of sports performance conditioning in the UK. We have a very successful track record training junior and elite athletes for world stage competitions such as the Olympics, FA Cup, Wimbledon and FIFA World Cup. We also have an education arm that see us train and advance coaches into the professional conditioning industry who go on to represent top flight athletes, clubs, and national governing bodies.
With a decade of trading purely on reputation we are now looking to expand the company infrastructure, strengthen our brand and grow our market position within the UK. Using marketing expertise and knowledge of the sector, this role will also help to develop an effective marketing department, expand our current marketing reach, while exploring exciting new commercial opportunities to broaden our customer base and maximise revenue.
- Create, develop and execute a successful marketing strategy that supports Sport981’s company objectives and brand values.
- Manage and maintain Sport981’s website and drive forward it’s ongoing development, including SEO.
- Devise and implement a social media strategy for Sport981.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a successful brand guideline document.
- Advise on, develop and implement marketing campaigns, both on and offline ensuring campaigns are effective in achieving agreed objectives, ROI and are aligned with the communications/ brand standards.
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery (within budget) of activities appropriate to the objectives as part of a coherent and integrated annual plan.
- Generate increased awareness and opportunities through effective networking and relationship management.
- Using data, statistics, analytics and insight to inform and evaluate activities effectively, including market segmentation and targeting.
- Create and manage an effective CRM system to increase communications and up-selling opportunities.
- Proactively participate in the department’s ongoing strategic planning process; identifying synergies and opportunities for sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Establish clear objectives in line with KPI’s linked to company goals and monitor these to ensure they are achieved.
- Ensuring that the Directors are provided, as required, with timely and accurate information and reports.
Key skills required
- Extensive marketing experience, ideally within the Sports/Leisure sector.
- Evidence of delivering previous successful campaigns with strong ROI.
- Leadership qualities – role model, ability to inspire others by engaging them in the company vision and marketing strategy to achieve desired outcomes.
- A successful track record of implementing SEO allied to ongoing web site development.
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms allied to a track record of successful social media marketing campaigns.
- A positive can-do attitude, a collaborative and inclusive approach, and an ability to work well with a diverse, cross functional team.
- Excellent commercial acumen: able to spot opportunities, motivated to act upon them and meet targets. Able to evaluate and make the right decision about how to invest the organisation’s resources.
- Ability to analyse complex data regarding markets, trends, and impact of campaigns.
- A high standard of computer literacy including MS Word, Excel
- Excellent communication skills, verbally (including ability to engage in meetings and deliver presentations) and written (including copy-writing and proof-reading skills). Able to quickly and confidently establish good working relationships with key internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills, including detailed planning and successfully managing budgets and suppliers.
- Driven to achieve, with strong professional pride as well as commitment to see the team excel and exceed expectations.
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- A Marketing qualification would be desirable but not essential.