About the Workshop
Compound lifts and strength training is an essential coaching quality for strength and conditioning coaches.
Becoming proficient in the coaching of these fundamental patterns of exercise will be applicable to most athletes throughout most phases of physical and technical development.
Group sizes are kept small to maximise your ability to gain useful practical coaching skills in this vital area of coaching.
- The science of strength
- Programming for strength gains
Practical coaching surrounding key exercise patterns:
- Hip hinge patterns: deadlift progression and regressions
- Squat patterns: Front squat and Back squat progressions and regressions
- Horizontal push patterns: bench press progressions and regressions
- Vertical push pattern: Push press progressions and regressions
- Vertical pull pattern: Pull up progressions and regressions
- Striding and lunging patterns: Lunge and step up progressions and regressions
- Horizontal pull patterns: Bent over row progressions and regressions
Coaches will be able to:
- Effectively demonstrate each pattern to athletes
- Observe dysfunctional movements within each pattern and have coaching strategies and pattern regression to aid performance enhancement
- Competently coach athletes within each pattern in pursuit of strength gains.
- Understand safety aspects of each pattern.