About the Workshop
The Olympic lifts have become a staple skill of choice for many athletes and for good reason. They develop numerous transferable qualities which can aid athletic performance. Within this 2 day workshop, coaches will learn the Olympic clean and jerk including associated lifts to aid technical development.
In addition to, and to complement the Olympic clean, coaches will also be exposed to a range of additional exercises that can be executed along the strength – power – speed continuum, in a bid to increase the expression of force across a range of speeds.
Group sizes are kept small to ensure a quality learning and coaching environment for all.
- Understanding strength, power and speed and their interactions
- Practical coaching surrounding the Olympic lift – Clean and jerk
- Practical coaching of exercises to fix limitations within the clean and jerk
- Practical coaching of additional explosive power exercises along the strength – power – speed continuum
Coaches will be able to:
- Work towards effective demonstration of the Olympic lift – clean and jerk
- Effectively demonstrate a range of exercises associated with explosive power development
- Observe dysfunctional movements within the clean and jerk
- Demonstrate a range of exercises to aid the technical development of athletes learning the clean and jerk
- Use support exercises to self-develop their own technical ability to execute the Olympic clean and jerk
- Observe dysfunctional movements associated with explosive power development
- Develop coaching strategies to aid in the execution of explosive power development.
- Understand safety aspects of the clean and jerk and additional power development exercises