About the Workshop
Speed is critical for most athletes and will often separate those that train from those that deliver. Consequently, speed elements appear in most training cycles. This one-day workshop will arm you with the science, observational skill and coach-ability of key acceleration, maximal velocity and plyometric methods that you can immediately use with a range of athletes.
- The science of speed
- The science underpinning plyometric methods of training
- Practical coaching of a progressive range of plyometric exercises
- Understand key acceleration and maximal velocity characteristics in sport not just track!
- Acceleration characteristics – observation skill and drills
- Constant velocity running – observational skill and drills
- Safety considerations for plyometrics, acceleration and constant velocity running
Coaches will be able to:
- Effectively demonstrate a range of progressive plyometric exercises
- Observe dysfunctional movements within plyometric exercises
- Develop coaching strategies to improve the performance of athletes training at different levels of plyometric activity.
- Demonstrate a range of acceleration exercises
- Observe gross dysfunctional aspects of acceleration and have coaching strategies and drills to aid performance.
- Demonstrate key characteristics of constant velocity running
- Observe gross dysfunctional aspects of constant velocity running and have coaching strategies and drills to aid performance.
- Tailor plyometric, acceleration and constant speed running drills to a range of athletes and abilities.