The Olympic lifts have become a staple skill of choice for many athletes for good reason. They develop numerous transferable qualities which can aid athletic performance. Within this 2 day workshop, coaches will learn the Olympic clean including associated lifts to aid technical development.
In addition to and to complement the Olympic clean, coaches will also be exposed to a range of additional exercises that can be executed along the strength – power – speed continuum in a bid to increase the expression of power across a range of forces and speeds.
This is a 2 day workshop which will be kept to small numbers to ensure a quality learning and coaching environment for all.
- Understanding strength, power and speed and their interactions
- Practical coaching surrounding the Olympic lift – Clean
- Practical coaching of exercises to fix limitations within the clean
- Practical coaching of exercises associated with generating explosive power
- Practical coaching of exercises associated with generating maximal power
- Practical coaching of exercises associated with generating ballistic power
Coaches will be able to
- Work towards effective demonstration of the Olympic lift – clean
- Effectively demonstrate a range of exercises associated with explosive, maximal and ballistic power development
- Observe dysfunctional movements within the Olympic lift – clean
- Be able to demonstrate a range of exercises to aid the technical development of athletes learning the Olympic lift – clean
- Know how to use support exercises to self-develop their own technical ability to execute the Olympic clean
- Observe dysfunctional movements associated with explosive, maximal and ballistic power development
- Have coaching strategies to aid in the execution of explosive, maximal and ballistic power development.
- Understand safety aspects of the Olympic lift – clean and explosive, maximal and ballistic power development exercises