Speed tends to win. Speed is critical for most athletes and will appear in most training cycles. Speed can separate those that train and those that can deliver.
This one day workshop will arm you with the science, observational skill and coach-ability of key acceleration, maximal velocity and plyometric methods that you can use with a range of athletes straight away.
- The science of speed
- The science underpinning plyometric methods of training
- Practical coaching of a progressive range of plyometric exercises
- Understand key acceleration and maximal velocity characteristics in sport not just track!
- Acceleration characteristics – observation skill and drills
- Constant velocity running – observational skill and drills
- Safety considerations for plyometrics, acceleration and constant velocity running
Coaches will be able to
- Effectively demonstrate a range of progressive plyometric exercises
- Observe dysfunctional movements within plyometric exercises
- Have coaching strategies to improve the performance of athletes training at different levels of plyometric activity.
- Be able to demonstrate a range of acceleration exercises
- Be able to observe gross dysfunctional aspects of acceleration and have coaching strategies and drills to aid performance.
- Be able to demonstrate key characteristics of constant velocity running
- Be able to observe gross dysfunctional aspects of constant velocity running and have coaching strategies and drills to aid performance.
- Tailor plyometric, acceleration and constant speed running drills to a range of athletes and abilities.