Now we go into the specific exercises (remember this is a warm up specific to running and plyometric work, consider the sport you are undertaking to design your own warm ups)
– Sprint arms with scapula retraction 15 each arm
(controlled tempo, emphasise elbows driving back straight with shoulders pulled back and down)
– Ankle hops 5m there and back forwards and lateral on each leg (quick short hops, backwards on the way back)
– High knees over 20m
(10m knees to hip height, 10m double speed high knees)
– Butt kicks over 20m
(10m relaxed working range, 10m speed up foot contact off the floor)
– Lateral crossovers 20m each side
(cross in front and behind, try to get rotation separation between hips and shoulders)
– Straight leg ankling over 20m
(gradually build up the range to straight leg bound)
– Finally finish off with a few build up sprints over 40m at 70%, 80%, 100% effort.
TUNE IN ON MONDAY FOR MY FINAL VIDEO RELEASE!!!