About the Workshop
Exercise is essentially movement. When move slowly for extended periods of time we call it endurance exercise. When we move heavy weight, it’s known as strength training. When we move fast, we term it speed training. Movement is the fundamental building block of exercise. This workshop will explore movement uncomplicated by specific skill, so that we can fully understand our athlete’s movement capacity, and the implications for coaching and performance enhancement.
- The building blocks of movement
- Basic screening interventions
- Implications of dysfunctional movement to performance
- Performance enhancement training used within strength and conditioning
Coaches will be able to:
- Understand and identify gross limitations within global movement patterns
- Understand the integration of strength and conditioning coaching into the technical training means of the sport
- Understand how strength and conditioning can be used to enhance movement and therefore exercise trainability.
- Understand how strength and conditioning can aid technical development and motor learning.